April 22, 2008 by yogi2raj
Here’s a new PMA 2008 wonder from Nikon that fits amond the more affordable entry-level SLR cameras. The new Nikon D60 is a compact DSLR camera with 10.2MP resolution, 0.18s start-up time, Nikon 3-D Color Matrix Metering II, adjustable cross-screen star effects, color-intensifying filters as well as D-lighting, Red-eye correction, Image Trim, 2.5-inch color LCD monitor and Image Sensor Cleaning that keepts the dust out. It won’t have Live View like the DSLRs from Olympus but it supports a wide range of Nikkor lenses (the Nikon D60 autofocuses only with AF-S lenses).
The Nikon D60 will be released in the spring of 2008. Nikon Canada has not released pricing for Canada; however, Nikon in the U.S. has said the Nikon D60 will sell for $750 in the United States.
Nikon D60 Feature Overview
* Extraordinary 10.2-Megapixel DX-format Nikon Picture Quality
* Includes AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR (Vibration Reduction) Lens
* Fast Startup and Split-Second Shutter Response
* Shoots Continuously at up to 3 Frames per Second
* Active Dust Reduction System with Airflow Control
* Easy Operation with Intuitive Controls
* Up to 500 Pictures per Battery Charge
Based on CIPA battery testing standards
* Bright, 2.5-Inch Color LCD Monitor with 170-Degree Wide-Angle Viewing
* Nikon’s Smallest Digital SLR Ever!
* Automatic Exposure with 8 Digital Vari-Program Scene Modes
* In-Camera Editing Functions