July 8, 2009 by yogi2raj
There are just a handful of names when it comes to reliable GPS navigation technology, and Magellan ranks as one of them. Having said that, what can you expect from their latest solution to your navigational woes, the Magellan Maestro 4700 GPS device? This is one extremely slim device that will come with a relatively widescreen 4.7″ color touchscreen display, boasting many user-friendly features that are not only helpful but practical which we’ll look at later right after the jump. You will also find Magellan’s OneTouch user interface throw in for good measure, where it enables the user to perform advanced navigation tasks thanks to its built-in voice command capabilities and hands-free Bluetooth calling.
Check out the following premium features found on the Magellan Maestro 4700 :-
* Exclusive OneTouch Favorites Menu: Access favorite destinations and searches with personalized bookmarks. Reach your favorite cafe or restaurant in any city with a single touch. To meet consumer requests, the Magellan Maestro 4700 now offers an additional twelve bookmarks to save favorites.
* Bluetooth Compatible Hands-Free Calling: Make or receive calls using a compatible cell phone. Access your phone’s address book to access up to 1000 numbers directly from your Magellan Maestro 4700. The noise-cancelling microphone keeps road noise down so you are heard clearly.
* Predictive Traffic: Analyzes past traffic patterns when creating a route to help you avoid known delays. Choose to stay on your current route or go with suggested less congested routes.
* Instant Access to All Points Of Interest (POI): Perform one search and get results from both the standard POI database and the Magellan-exclusive AAA TourBook guide. Results are organized in a tabbed format.
* “Find Your Car” with Pedestrian Mode: Remembers the location of your car in parking lots, airports, malls, universities, amusement parks or stadiums. When your day is done the Magellan Maestro 4700 will automatically guide you to your car.
* 3D Landmarks: Displays visual cues to help drivers perform maneuvers and find destinations.
* Larger Fonts: Makes viewing easier and safer while driving.
* Intuitive, Context-Driven Touch Zones: Provides drivers with a completely interactive map screen.
* New Address Book: Makes adding an address a snap with smart address summary that lets users save complete itineraries.
* QuickSpell with Smart City Search: Allows quick, single-address entry or convenient multi-destination trip planning, including route optimization.
Surprisingly enough, this device has been priced at just $299.99, where it will ship with a windshield mount and cradle; 12-volt vehicle power adapter; USB cable, protective pouch, adhesive disk for alternative, on-dash mounting; and quick reference guide.